Block Management Services
Block Management Services
At Harcourts we aim to work with Freeholders, Management Companies and lessees in order to find the most effective way to protect everyone’s interests and requirements. Every block is unique and we are happy to discuss your specific requirements in order to deliver a tailored solution to meet your own needs.
We understand that although it would be ideal to not only maintain your flats, but to also increase the value of the property, individual budgets must also be taken into consideration.
With over thirty-five years’ experience, we can give the level of support that you require. We can provide advice on every aspect of block management, whether you wish to retain overall control yourselves, or pass all the worries and stress to a local company who will act on your behalf.
Please give us a call to discuss your own concerns and queries. We are always happy to visit your block and speak to you directly.
Harcourts Block Management Charges
Our standard management charges for Block Management are at £159.12 including VAT per unit per annum. Where applicable, these charges cover:-
- An initial visit and meeting with Lessees to discuss all current and future requirements, together with suggesting proposals for planning required works over an agreed time scale.
- Taking notes of all Lessees’ details as required in order to undertake and maintain the provisions of the ruling Lease.
- Preparing the annual service charge budgets, together with the collection of ground rent payments and standard maintenance service charges as applicable.
- Administering the service charge accounts, including receiving, checking and paying contractor invoices.
- Accounting to Lessees on an annual basis, maintaining financial records and liaising with accountants as necessary.
- Attending Lessee Meetings as required, together with reasonable calls to the property.
- Managing the day-to-day requirements of the building together with advice on planning major works, to include instructing specialist technical advisors as necessary.
- Advice on leasehold matters.
- 24 hour emergency maintenance contractors.
We also charge 12% including VAT on any major expenditure arising where we have been involved in organising works. This would typically involve consulting on Major Works as covered by Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act, to include liaising with Lessees, neighbours, contractors and specialist surveyors and issuing the appropriate Notices as necessary. Involvement in administrating Insurance Claims where two or more flats are affected would also be charged at 12% including VAT.
In addition we can also provide the following services but do reserve the right to charge an additional fee as appropriate:-
- Company Secretary duties, including completing company returns.
- Arranging Building Insurance Valuations.
- Empty Building inspections (should a flat be left unoccupied for any length of time, or as required under the Building Insurance Policy).
- Debt collection administration charges (for payment by the debtor).
- Land Registry enquiries.